Friday, January 2, 2009

My Top 10 Books of 2008

At a recent gathering with my family, everyone was asked to answer the question, "What was the best book you read this past year?" As I thought about the question, I began to remember several books that had significantly impacted me this year. Since I'm a sucker for lists, I decided to put together a top 10 list. I attempted to rank the books according to the long-term impact I think they will wield on my thinking. So, here's my list:



1. The Gospel Primerby Milton Vincent







2. The Prodigal God by Tim Keller







3. Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret by Howard & Geraldine Taylor







4. Church History in Plain Language by Bruce Shelley







5. When the Spirit Comes With Power by John White







6. God at Work by Gene Veith







7. The Complete Husband by Lou Priolo







8. In My Place Condemned He Stood by Mark Dever and J.I. Packer







9. The Complete Works of E.M. Bounds by E.M. Bounds







10. The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you said you hadn't read any fictional books this year! :-)